This entrance is in David Crombie Park in Toronto. I believe it leads to a tunnel that passes under the Esplanade and connects to Market Lane Public School across the street. Can anyone verify this?
These concrete columns were poured, a concrete platform was built on top and then this heritage house was moved from the northwest corner of the lot to the southeast.
The pods at Ontario Place and this addition were designed by Architect Eberhard Zeidler.
Mars 2 features a 62 foot high skylit atrium and LEED Gold certification. Designed by B+H Architects and developed by Alexandria.
The Georgian manor was built in 1817 and is the oldest brick house in Toronto. It was bequeathed to the Art Museum of Toronto in 1910 and became the Art Gallery of Ontario. The latest addition was designed by Frank Gehry and completed in 2008.
From the OCAD website: The remarkable table-top superstructure, that takes the form of a parallelepiped (9m high, 31m wide and 84m long), with striking black and white pixellated skin, stands 26 metres above the ground on 12 multi-coloured legs.
The impressive 1951 modern limestone building at Wellington and Scott (Toronto) was demolished to make way for a 58-storey condominium. At least the facade of the old building will be restored to close to its original form.
To see the original building, go to http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2013/10/demolition-proceeding-concert-properties-88-scott.
Would you live here? Perks include the Downsview Subway Station next door and a Telus tower right above you.
This wall belongs to the Stone Distillery in the Distillery District of Toronto. It was constructed in 1860 with Kingston limestone.
This building was originally a 1906 addition (Architect Edwin Babington) to the Granite Curling Club. In 1913 the main building burned down leaving this addition. In 2004, the original addition received an additional addition – the Salah J. Bachir Wiing (Architects Kohn Shnier).
The Royal York faces stiff competition from other new hotels in the area including the Shangri-La, Trump and Ritz Carlton.
Any idea why a natural gas pipe would be installed like this? The rest of the line follows the grade of the ramp.
In 1918, after infilling the lake, the docks were relocated to just west of the current site. They were then moved to the current site to make way for the Harbour Square Condominiums.. Recently, the docks were renamed the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal to honour the late federal NDP leader.