The three row houses to the left (1862) were originally part of a Georgian eight-house row. The Second Empire features – mansard roofs and bowed bays – were added about 20 years later. The double house to the right (1874) is an example of Italiante architecture with round-headed windows and doors and bracketed cornices. Thanks to Patricia McHugh’s 2nd edition of Toronto Architecture: A City Guide.
ERA Architects conducted the heritage impact statement. In short the building is not heritage-listed, not in a Heritage Conservation District and its height is not out of character with coming development. Amexon Development and CORE Architects Inc are behind the proposal.
The Guvernment will give way to the Daniels Corporation for a commercial/residential community.
This is the eastbound Jarvis St off-ramp looking west.